Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Blog #8 Media Saves the Beach


I love creating videos, so my first idea was to create a video, more like a documentary on all the small objects that get thrown in our gutters and we don't even think those things make it onto the ocean. It could be a fun video showing how the trash travels and ends up in our oceans. Then I thought that we have seen many of these films on commercials.
So I want to head a different direction now, I'm thinking on an art piece. A sculpture of some sort, that is composed of all the objects found on the beach. Even though that sounds nasty, I think I can also incorporate how to disinfect or clean household items with products that wont hurt the environment, or would be toxic to the sea creatures.

Something that I believe everyone should incorporate in their projects, would be awareness that San Diego is in a HUGE drought. Many of us take water for granted and we don't realize the importance of water, and WE NEED to make sure everyone knows that we need to reserve those last drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment